or planning on getting pregnant
Pregnant women must consider both their own requirements
and the requirements of the baby. Vitamins and minerals are needed during pregnancy for the maintenance
of the mother's health, to support the developing infant's
and to help prevent developmental defects.
Some supplements you should consider.
Scientific studies show that the risk of recurrent neural-tube defects is decreased in women who take folic
acid before conception and during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy. A standard vitamin and mineral supplement will provide adequate folate to reduce the risk of this birth defect.
1. During pregnancy, iron stores become low due to increased iron need for the fetus. The need is particularly great during the last trimester.
2. Zinc supplementation significantly reduces the incidence of low birth-weight babies. In addition, most measurements of labor and fetal health were better in women who took modest zinc supplements.
3. Calcium and phosphorus are vital to the structure of bones and teeth. In the last trimester of pregnancy, skeletal growth is highest and the fetus draws calcium directly from the mother's stores. In addition, clinical trials have shown that adequate calcium during pregnancy lowers blood pressure and may reduce the incidence of premature births.
4. A simple multivitamin/mineral supplement is recommended for pregnant women who do not ordinarily consume an adequate diet and for women in high-risk categories, such as multifetal gestation, cigarette smokers, and alcohol and drug abusers .
- A complete Prenatal Vitamin with Folic Acid.
- Supports nutritional health of baby and mother.
- Excellent during before, during & after pregnancy.
- Increases nutritional value of lactating milk.
- Reduces Risk of Birth Defects.
A complete Prenatal Vitamin formulated to support the health of mother and child - with the expectant mother, new mother, and the woman trying to get pregnant in mind. This Prenatal Vitamin has been specially formulated for pregnant or lactating women with nutritionally balanced potencies of B vitamins and buffered vitamin C mineral ascorbate to support the needs of a healthy baby while avoiding possible stomach discomfort associated with vitamin intake.
The vitamins and minerals in this prenatal vitamin formula play many important roles in the body during pregnancy and lactation: antioxidants to protest fats, cells and DNA, coenzyme precursors for energy production and metabolism and cofactors for hormones and enzymes which regulate body processes.
Vitamin A (as
palmitate), Vitamin C ( as ascorbic acid), Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol), Riboflavin, Thiamin (as thiamin
mononitrate), Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride), Niacin (as niacinamide), Folic Acid, Calcium (from calcium sulfate), Vitamin B-12 (as
cyanocobalamin), Iodine (from kelp powder), Zinc (from zinc sulfate), Copper (from cupric sulfate), Iron (from ferrous
fumarate), Manganese (from manganese sulfate), Magnesium (from magnesium oxide), Potassium (from potassium chloride)
As a dietary supplement for pregnant or lactating women, take one tablet daily.